Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My favourite shirt


Well.... I knew the day was coming. It was my favourite. It was a few sizes too big, covered in paint stains, the cuffs hanging on my a thread, zipper broken, washed till it was thread bare and thin ...anybody else have one of these kind of shirts? Maybe a favourite hat? Pants? PJ's? The one thing you put on when you were sad, want to be comfy, etc... Well, I threw out my favourite shirt today. I have tried several times in the past but have always gone and dug it out again. I'm hoping this post will be therapeutic -perhaps I will look back it whenever I fell the need...either way...it was a tough thing to do :o)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are way tooo cute!=o) I love that post. I understand the sadness over it too.
Danielle

MVD said...

Isn't in funny that we can attach ourselves to something...lol. Kinda like a security blankie!
I have a fav. blue comfy jogging suit that I wore while preggo with both kids and now that I am getting smaller it is getting bigger:-( I still try to wear it around the house but I am CONSTANTLY pulling up the pants, but I just can't stop wearing it!

Anonymous said...

I have one of those too - but mine is still wearable in public... not for long though! So sad that you had to throw it out.