Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me Monday... on Monday :o)

I did NOT have a wonderful Sunday in Chatham yesterday. I do NOT enjoy seeing my family and I most certainly did NOT enjoy listening to Dr. Murray. I did NOT find his accent charming at all.

I did NOT just finish an enormous pile of dishes. I NEVER complain about the fact that I do not own a dishwasher. I NEVER mumble under my breathe while forcefully jamming my dishcloth into a glass. I have NEVER brought up the fact that I've spent countless hours over the last ten years washing dishes by hand. I NEVER flip a coin with my husband to see who does the dishes vs who baths Reeve. I NEVER demand a "re-flip" when it does not land on heads.

I have NOT started Weight Watchers over and over and over again. I have NEVER fallen off the diet "wagon". I most certainly have NEVER started a diet Monday morning and fallen off that wagon by Monday lunchtime. I am NEVER frustrated with this aspect of my life and hope I NEVER develop diet discipline.

I did NOT wear pajamas to bring the kids to school this morning. I did NOT trip on my way back into the house, resulting in a face plant. I was NOT embarrassed that the neighbor was outside having a cigarette at the time and saw the whole thing. I did NOT slam the door with the "I meant to do that" look on my face. I did NOT forget in my embarrassment that Reeve was still in the van. I did NOT have to swallow my pride and open my door and go get her out. I did NOT wave fake politely at the neighbor on my way back in...with Reeve.

I did NOT have 3 cups of tea for breakfast this morning. I do NOT have a tea drinking problem.

I am NOT ending this post to NOT go look for sock pairs.

7 comments:

Taunya said...

you are good at these Stac! like the van one, swallowing your pride to get reeve - you are an entertaining writer.

Taunya said...

oh...and I never grumble about picking up things after my family all day long or doing dished either. I should try the flip the coin thing too.

Mel said...

All I can say is I wish I was your neighbor!!!! Histerical!

Danielle said...

HAHAHAHA, you are sooo funny! I can just imagine the humiliation about tripping and then not only to have to deal with your neighbor, you had to go back out to get the little munchkin. I feel bad for you, but have to admit, if I was your neighbor, I wouldn't laughed soooo hard!!!!

Matt and Julianna said...

this is the best! good laughs, especially flipping coins about dishes vs. bathing the kids

Household of Faith said...

fun post! I think I would wear my pj's to drop Seth off at school, the only thing is I have to bring him in the class. Don't think that would go over well. My mom used to bring us in her pj's. ;0)

Mel said...

I did not leave a comment already so her I go:
I am not thinking Stacey does not need a dishwasher. Afterall she is not the type of person who would load her dishes in an insanely organized manner. She also would definatley not examine the dishes after they are washed and decide they are filthy and could do a better job herself.
I'm just saying...